More and more kids are using their smartphones to access their study materials while on the move. In their free time, they use it to browse the internet, visit social networks, and exchange WhatsApp or messenger messages with their friends. However, they often fall prey to online cheaters and befriend them.
It can lead to dangerous outcomes if not tackled in time. Employees take advantage of their internet-enabled mobiles to chat with their colleagues and meet them when they should be running errands for their office.
Although most of them are innocent, some of them often gather information about the latest information about new projects being researched in your office and pass it on to your competitors.
The drop in the prices of smartphones and low-cost internet access has changed the way people access the internet. More than 75% of people use their smartphones to access the internet while on the move.
Comparison of Two Leading Snooping Applications
Would it not be great if you had an option to eavesdrop on their chats, find out the details of their incoming and outgoing messages, as well as find out their list of contacts?
The good news is that you can depend on spyware — a small application that runs on their mobile — to pass on all information to you. Such programs enable you to track the locations your employees and kids have visited, their activities on Facebook and other social networks.
Such applications also allow you to:
• Keep tabs on your employees
• Keep an eye on your kids
Since spyware does not appear in the list of installed apps, it is impossible to detect their presence on the target phone.
Although you have a wide range of spyware to select from, I shall discuss two of the most popular ones in this mSpy vs Cocospy 2020 comparison to determine which is better. It will help you determine which one you should go for.
Quickly Navigate to:
Is Cocospy Better Than Mspy?
Users often end up being more confused, determining which application to use in an era when the spy app scene is overcrowded. In such a scenario, Cocospy stands apart from the rest as it is user-friendly and boasts of powerful features.
Let me check its features to find out what makes it stand apart from the others. Like all popular spy apps, this one too allows you to access all data of the target phone with your favorite browser.
What makes this app stand apart from the rest is that you do not need to jailbreak or root the target smartphone to install it to access its advanced features such as GPS tracking or social media monitoring.
Like all professional spy applications, Cocospy uses stealth technology. It means that the app runs in the background without the user of the device being aware of it.
Since the company does not store the data of the targeted device on their servers, there is no danger of anyone accessing it, a feature lacking in most such apps.
There might be occasions when you want to uninstall the app from the device on which it is installed. For example, you have caught an employee stealing your sensitive data and passing it on to your competitors. You can perform the uninstallation process without the employee being aware of it with a single click on the control panel.
I was surprised by the incredible list of features this app boasts of. It tracks everything on the target device:
• Check contact book: You can view contact names, job info, addresses, phone numbers, display pictures, and much more
• View SIM card details: View the mobile's IMEI number and information of the network carrier. You also have the option to receive an alert when the user of the target phone changes SIM cards by entering your email on the SIM card page of the user's portal of the application.
• View calendar events: Stay a step ahead of the person using the target mobile and check his plans such as a travel date or a business meeting. You can further view all calendar entries.
• Track location: Are you worried where your child is right now? This app uses the inbuilt GPS of the target device to provide you details about its location history and access information such as geographical coordinates and addresses.
• Check browser history: Cocospy provides you with details of the browser history of the device on which you have installed it, inclusive of websites, most visited websites, timestamps, and mini-website descriptions. If required, you can block the target device from accessing inappropriate sites.
• View media files: Check the audio clips, pictures, and videos the target phone contains. Cocospy can also provide details of the media files that your kids or employees are sharing with their contacts.
• View call logs: You can use this app to view comprehensive call logs along with contact information and timestamps. It also provides you with details of the five most popular callers. You can use this information to determine who your target calls most often.
• Read messages: You can read the outgoing and incoming messages of the target mobile. Cocospy can also read iMessages of iOS devices. I was surprised to note that I could also retrieve deleted messages.
Easy to Install
Ease of installation was one of the primary factors I wanted to check during this Cocospy versus mSpy evaluation.
You need access to the target device to install this app on an Android-based mobile. You first need to change the configuration under settings to allow the installation of third-party apps to install this app.
In the case of iOS devices, you do not need to install the app on the target smartphone. You only require the iCloud credentials of the same.
Once installed, you can remotely spy on the target phone by logging on to your account on Cocospy's website and selecting the device whose information you want to see. If you are not sure about how the app works, click on the “demo” link on the vendor's website.
Additional Features And Cost
You can use the “Geofence Alert” feature of the app to set up virtual zones on the map through the online console. You can mark a zone as forbidden or watched on the map. You will receive a warning the moment the target enters the forbidden zone or leaves it.
The subscription charges are as follows:
For Android devices:
• Basic pack, which does not have all features, costs $9.99 per month for a single device when you pay for the annual plan of $119.99
• Premium pack that has all features costs $49.99 per month for a single device
• The family pack has all the features of the Premium pack. It costs $69.99 per month, with the sole difference being that you can use it on three devices
For iOS devices
• Family pack, which does not have all features, costs $99.99 per month for five devices
• Premium pack that has all features costs $10.83 per month for a single device when you pay for the annual plan of $129.99.
• The business pack has all the features of the Premium pack and costs $399.99 per month, with the sole difference being that you can use it on 25 devices
Cocospy vs Mspy
There are other plans available too that you can check on the vendor's website. I was, overall, pleased with it. However, I still need to compare mSpy and Cocospy to find out which one is the king.
Is Mspy Better Than Cocospy?
Like all good spy applications, mSpy too comes with many features that allow you to spy on your kids, and staff silently.
You may have wondered as to why there is a drop in productivity levels from your employees. It may be that they are spending more time surfing the internet and chatting with their friends rather than doing their work.
Since I have already mentioned details of spy applications and what they do, I shall jump straight into the features of this awesome spy application.
Like Cocospy, this one also has versions for Android and iOS-based mobiles. Installing this app requires a different method to install on a jailbroken iOS device and one that has not been tampered with.
For installing on Android devices, you have to change the settings to allow the installation of apps from third-party developers. Like any good mobile spy app, mSpy cannot be detected by the user of the target device.
Let us check the features of this app.
• Website blocking and monitoring: You can use this function to monitor the websites your employees and kids visit. Also, you have the option to restrict access for your kids to dangerous websites.
Your employees will be bewildered when they try to access certain websites only to find that they cannot gain access to it.
Since mSpy does not show up on the list of running applications, they will not be aware that you are blocking them from accessing it.
• Keystroke recording: mSpy allows you to record every keystroke on the installed device. This feature is extremely handy to find out the details your employees or kids have been sending to others. This feature is available for both Android and iPhone (iOS) versions of the app.
• Read emails and messages: The app allows you to tap into your child/employee's mobile to read messages, including received and sent SMSs along with their time and date. You can also read deleted messages, which is a handy feature.
The app can also monitor messages sent and received via several third-party messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger along with information about the recipient and sender.
You can also read emails sent and received through the target phone.
The best part is that you have the option of linking this feature to all email clients, including Gmail.
• View call log: You can retrieve information such as details of the person who called on the target device, the timestamp, as well as the duration of the call along with other information.
• GPS tracking: The application records the GPS location of the installed device, allowing you to see its exact location on a map. It also sends you periodic updates about the precise location of the device.
I loved the periodic update of this app. It gathers data every five minutes and displays the same on the control panel of the vendor's website, which you can access via any browser.
Another vital and exclusive feature of this app is its ability to work on non-jailbroken iOS devices.
You can use it to track and show messages sent or received via Google Hangouts, including photos, maps, and contact details. The other popular messaging platforms that mSpy tracks include:
• Viber, and
Mspy Compared to Cocospy
Mspy also allows you to see the details of installed and available apps on the target mobile. You can use its “Block App” feature to restrict the usage of unwanted apps. I did not notice such a feature on Cocospy.
The keystroke logger stores a record of all keystrokes on the target smartphone, and you can view the same through the online control panel.
Like Cocospy, you can rely on mSpy to track the activities of the browser on the installed mobile, which includes browsing history as well as bookmarked websites.
You can also track specific keywords and key phrases and receive an alert the moment the user of the installed device types them.
I give a higher ranking to this app as it allows you to establish smart screen time rules and block inappropriate websites.
Unlike Cocospy, mSpy identifies and tracks all the WiFi hotspots the mobile was connected to and provides detailed information such as name, duration, and type. You also have the option of blocking suspicious hotspot connections.
Like any professional spy app, mSpy allows you to view the address book of the installed smartphone or tablet, including contact details.
The vendor allows you to try the application before you buy it by creating an account. You have to enter your email address on their website to create the account.
They also have a demo page where you can view a simulation of the app.
To round up this mSpy compared to Cocospy article, I would like to state that I preferred mSpy because of its additional features like the “Block App”, as well as its price. Track your loved ones, staff, or kids today with the help of mSpy or Cocospy.